Wednesday, April 1, 2009

WORD FROM HAITI

Well, Jackie (from the agency who's been in Haiti for a few days and got to spend time with Charlene) called today!

I have pages and pages of notes. She explained orphanage life, and what Charlene does and what her foster mom is like (a retired gal from Indiana).

She told about visiting there, what to expect, where to stay, what to send, what to bring, when to travel.

She took lots of pictures and notes from talking to Charlene's foster Mom and hopefully will send them yet today. I can't wait.

I need to sit down and organize all my notes so I can tell Nathan and get it all clear in my head.

They are definitely waiting on our paperwork, but are also waiting on Charlene's birth certificate as well. Her mom had to go back to her village and get a birth certificate made for her so she can get a birth certificate made for Charlene, then she has to travel back to the orphanage, which, as I understand it, is quite a ways away. But it has been almost 2 weeks and she could return at any time. That's why I am doing everything I can to get this paperwork down there ASAP.

Jackie did say that FEdEx is pretty reliable in getting paperwork there, so that seems to be the plan for now.

I just got the translations (YES!) and he said he could translate the new Psych. letters fairly quickly, so that's good news too!!

I feel like I'm in a "hurry up and wait" mode. I was doing okay until I talked to Jackie and now I'm all worked up. I'm excited to learn some new information, but that combined with 1/2 cup of coffee this morning, I feel like I'm moving 90 miles an hour--or at least my brain is. (I know that sounds wierd, but my body (brain) is not used to coffee at all.)

This is where prayer comes in...I need to go back to God and trust Him to take care of everything in His timing. And rely on Him to calm me down!
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment