Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dossier to Haiti!

Dossier was sent to Haiti today. YOHOO!

And, the gal (Vera) I had to send it to first to look it over said it was the best dossier she's ever received. I could've cried. I could say I put forth a lot of blood, sweat and tears, but it was mostly tears! What a relief that we didn't have to re-do anything, we caught all mistakes before it was sent!!!

So, the process begins. I got a sheet today that explains the process and the different gov't offices it goes to in Haiti and it seems the timeline is 10.5 mo - 29.5 months. I'm just hoping by Christmas of 2010 to have her. But, anything can happen, good or bad.

Now we need to work on USCIS (U.S. Customs and Immigration) and have the US gov't approve us to adopt! At least that's only about 10 documents, I can handle that!

~L

No comments:

Post a Comment